This is it, guy, it’s officially apple season! My house is packed with every kind of apple I could my put my hands on in our local farmers market. The thing is you can use apples in so many baked goods, I’ve been baking non-stop apple recipes for almost two weeks straight.
Take this apple cinnamon loaf cake I made the other day. I’ve already eaten it for dessert, breakfast, and an afternoon snack. It’s packed with granny smith shredded apples and has the exact taste of autumn.I don’t know why, but I just love autumn and not only because if the apples 😉 It’s the weather turning crisp, and the temperatures lowering I mean it’s the exact perfect temperature. I can ride my bike and enjoy the cool breeze, and the colors are just amazing orange and brown.
Now, I know living in Tel Aviv means there’s hardly any wintery cold days, and still autumn is so much better than winter. It’s like the world calms down for just a few weeks, and everything slows down. I wish autumn would last for at least a couple of weeks longer than it usually does.
- ¼ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅔ cup white sugar
- ½ cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ½ cup soy milk
- 2 medium granny smith apples, finely shredded
- Preheat oven to 350°F/175°C. Line a 9'' x 5'' loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Mix brown sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together white sugar and oil smooth. Add eggs and vanilla and continue to whisk until combined. Add flour and baking powder, then milk.
- Pour half the batter into the prepared pan.
- Cover with half of the apples. Pat apples into batter with the back of a spoon. Sprinkle with half of sugar and cinnamon mixture. Pour the remaining batter over apple layer; top with remaining apples and add more brown sugar/cinnamon mixture. Pat topping into the batter with the back of a large spoon.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the loaf comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before transferring to
Did You Make This Apple Cinnamon Loaf Cake?
Don’t forget to take a snap and tag #netacooks on Instagram, so I can see them.