The perfect apple crumb cake to make this fall!
If you’re following the blog you already know that one of the reasons I love fall so much is the apples. You can find the best apples in all the local farmers market, and if you’re a fan of apples, as I am, you can use apples to make cakes, pastry, desserts, and even baked chips.As the old saying goes an apple a day keeps the doctor away and makes me a very happy baker. I truly believe that apples are one of natures best inventions!
This apple crumb cake is one of my favorites, and it’s almost a staple cake in our house during the fall. It’s really easy to bake, and if you have company coming over this one will be a super impressive and it goes great with a good cup of coffee or apple cider 😉
- For the cake
- 8.8 oz/250 gr white flour
- 4.4 oz/125 gr soft butter
- 3.5 oz/100 gr white sugar
- 1.75oz/50 gr honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 1½ tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1.3 pounds/600 gr apples
- For the crumbs
- 3.5 oz/100 gr white rice flour
- 2.1 oz/60 gr cold butter, cut into small cubes
- 1.75 oz/50 gr sugar
- ½ tsp. salt
- Confectioner sugar
- To make the crumbs
- In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with the dough hook mix together flour butter, sugar and salt mix on medium speed until only small crumbs are formed. Transfer into a small bowl and refrigerate until ready to use.
- To make the cake
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 10 inch (26 cm) springform pan and set aside.
- Pit the apples and slice into quarter wedges, place in a bowl with ice cold water and set aside.
- In a medium bowl mix together flour, cinnamon, and baking powder and set aside.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with the dough hook attachment, mix together the butter, sugar, and salt. Add in honey, vanilla, and eggs one at a time, mix until combined. Slowly add in the milk.
- Add in the flour mixture in tow batches and keep mixing until the dough begins to come together.
- Transfer the batter to the springform pan, arrange the apple wedges in circles by pressing them into the batter.
- Sprinkle the crumb mixture evenly on top of the cake.
- Bake for 35-40 mins or until golden and set.
- Cool completely at room temperature, sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve.
DID YOU MAKE THIS APPLE CRUMB CAKE YET?
Don’t forget to take a snap and tag #netacooks on Instagram, so I can see them.