Do you remember, the glorious brunch, Olga and I made? I was so excited to share the waffles recipe last week, and this week, this delicious baked French toast. Seriously, ROSH ASHANAs morning, couldn’t get much better than this.My house has been smelling like honey and apples, for the past few weeks. Perfect for ROSH ASHANA, and even better for all you guys living in places where you can actually feel fall. It is officially fall, which is a struck of luck, cause the recipes of the new Jewish year, are just perfect for fall season.
Of course, I’ll have to start working on pumpkin recipes, as soon as the Jewish holidays are over. But till then, I hope you all enjoy apples and honey, cinnamon and nutmeg, mix them all together bake this baked French toast and top it with apples and maple syrup.
- 6 slices challa bread, 1½'' (4 cm) thick
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup low fat milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Spray 13 x 9-inch (33 x 23) baking dish with cooking spray.
- Arrange challa slices to fit in single layer in dish; sprinkle cinnamon over bread.
- Whisk eggs, milk, nutmeg, and vanilla in medium bowl just until blended. Pour evenly over bread. Bake for 30 minutes or until firm and golden brown.