Moist and tender banana pecan muffin recipe!
The past week has been crazy, I set up to have a very busy week of baking and photographing, but every plan I had was flown out the window. It started with a trip to the emergency room on Monday morning thanks to a terrible headache, thank god they found nothing was wrong and discharged me after only six hours!! I was beet after that and did nothing all day, the day after my phone died which left me panicked with no Instagram or WhatsApp, can anyone relate?
So, my plan to shoot three Thanksgiving recipes and post my new banana pecan muffin recipe didn’t really go as I thought it would. Makes you think though, you can plan as much as you want, but sometimes thing just don’t go your way and you have to re-route your plans. If you can give in to the change you can do absolutely anything. Thank god blogging is not a job, and the readers are mostly a forgiving crowd.This banana pecan muffins recipe is perfect for breakfast, but you can definitely snack on this muffin. The trick to the muffins is using buttermilk and not just milk like most muffin recipes call for. The buttermilk gives the muffins extra tenderness which is just perfect if you like your muffins to be light and fluffy.
- 1 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 400°F/ 200°C. Grease 16 regular muffin cups, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and half the amount of chopped pecans.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, mashed bananas, oil, egg, and vanilla.
- Pour wet ingredients over dry ingredients and stir just until blended.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups, filling about three-fourths full.
- Sprinkle tops evenly with remaining chopped pecans.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until muffin tops are lightly brown and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes, then turn out onto rack and cool completely.
Did you make this banana pecan muffin recipe?
Leave a comment or hashtag #netacooks on Instagram.