The last week has been a total nightmare. Leo is not feeling well at all, he has been vomiting and screaming non-stop, his refusing to stay in his stroller or crib and we have to pick him up and hold him 24/7. The doctor says he has reflux and prescribed some awfully smelling syrup Leo is refusing to swallow….. I hardly had any night sleep and A. and I have been doing shifts every night trying to calm him down. I think the worst thing is that I feel completely helpless, is too tiny to explain whats wrong and I fell frustrated not knowing how to help him.
Obviously, I didn’t have any time to work, not to talk about doing anything around the house that is a total mess 🙁 I hope Leo is going to get through this reflux thing ASAP, so we can have some relax and fun time together.
What I did manage this week is weeping up the easiest and tastiest banana walnut bread. You only need one bowl to make this delicious banana walnut bread, so it’s an easy recipe to keep in your recipe notebook (or is it pintrest board?). Don’t forget to come bake and tell me how it turned out, or better yet take a snap of your loaf and hashtag it #netacooks on Instagram.
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1½ cups of all-purpose flour
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350°F /175°C, and grease a 4x10-inch loaf pan.
- In a mixing bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork until completely smooth.
- Stir in the oil. Mix in the baking soda and salt. Stir in the sugar, beaten egg, and vanilla extract. Mix in the flour and walnuts.
- Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan. Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool in the pan for a few minutes.