Brownies are my absolute favorite dessert! These chocolate chip banana brownies are soft, fudgy, and ridiculously addicting! And I just can’t believe I don’t have tons of brownies recipes on the blog yet, but that can be fixed real easy 😉
The other day I was looking for something sweet, I really needed to treat my self in the middle of an exhausting, and busy day. While most normal people would just treat them self to some chocolate cubes or maybe a candy bar, I just had to bake myself some brownies. I can totally rational it for you, I was tired, I needed something sweet, and when I went into the kitchen to make myself a cup of coffee I saw these sad looking ripe bananas on the counter…..yes that’s exactly how my trail of thoughts was working that day.Of course, I could have made banana bread or just fix myself some banana pancakes, but that’s not who I do things. If I want something sweet, and it doesn’t matter how busy my day is (obviously) I’ll just make myself chocolate chip banana brownies….. To my defense let me tell you this only require one bowl to make, so it’s actually a time saving kinda recipe.
Seriously, once you make these chocolate chip banana brownies you won’t be able to resist, and might just find yourself inhaling them with no control.
- 3.5 oz (100 gr) unsalted butter, chopped
- 7 oz (200 gr) dark chocolate 60% cocoa, chopped
- 7 oz (200 gr) sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 7 oz (200 gr) plain flour
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp turbinado sugar
- 1.7 oz (50 gr) dark chocolate 60% cocoa, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 356°F/180°C. Grease and line the base and sides of an 8''X8'' (20X20cm) square cake pan with baking paper.
- Place the butter and chocolate in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave at 20% power for 15 seconds; remove the bowl from the microwave and stir. Repeat process until chocolate has melted and is smooth.
- Stir in sugar, egg, bananas, and vanilla. Sift over the flour and baking powder, stir to combine, then fold in the nuts and dark chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 35 minutes or until golden. Cool the brownies completely in the pan.
- Melt chocolate. Cut the brownies into squares, sprinkle with turbinado sugar and drizzle with melted chocolate to serve.
DID YOU MAKE THESE Chocolate Chip Banana Brownies?
Don’t forget to take a snap and tag #netacooks on Instagram, so I can see them.