Back in the days, before I ever dreamed of starting a food blog, I just loved spending Saturday mornings roaming through food blogs. I use to admire thous bloggers, cooking or baking and than creating gorgeous images that went along perfectly with all that. One of those bloggers, Mor from Morcake was so funny, that I couldn’t stop reading here blog, I even bookmarked it, but don’t tell her that 😉So, why am I telling you all that, because after courting Mor for more than 2 mounts, when I actually came up with the idea it was just two days after her wedding, and she was still intoxicated with thous happy fuels of love and happiness. But this, week we finally made it happen, yes yes yes, Mor came over, with tones of tin jars, and we made these energy balls. We didn’t feel like actually baking, it’s seriously hot in Tel Aviv this days, so we made the perfect and healthy, Mor thinks everything with chocolate is healthy anyway, no bake easy chocolate coffee energy balls.O.K these are deceptive, they look like truffles, but on the inside they are filled with rolled spelt, coco powder, and coffee extract. You can absolutely pack them and store in an air tight container, and they are great to eat as a pre-workout treat to boost your energy up. Can’t wait till the next time me and Mor meet again!
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp granulated coffee
- ¼ cup boiling water
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp coco powder
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- ½ cup soy milk (or any other non dairy milk)
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups rolled spelt
- ½ cup of coco powder and ground coffee for rolling the balls in
- Dissolve sugar, and coffee in hot water.
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, mix together all the ingredients except for the rolled spelt. Constantly stir till the chocolate chips are melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Place the rolled spelt in a large bowl, pour the wet mixture in and mix until thoroughly mixed.
- Roll into 45 balls, and then roll balls in remaining ½ cup of coco and grounded coffee.
Don’t forget to follow Mors‘ Instagram! And as always if you make this don’t forget to tag us, we just love seeing you make our recipes.