Yeaaaeeeee it’s finally peach season! I don’t know where you live or what’s going on in your farmers market, but here in Israel summer fruits are all over. I love summer fruits as much as I love chocolate, maybe even more. Peaches in specific are my favorite summer fruits, they are so sweet and refreshing, I absolutely love them!
So no surprise the minute I laid eyes on the first batch in my local grocery store, I just had to buy theme. Now’ being the smart woman that I am, I might have bought a little too many of them. In my defense I will say that the grocery store is quite far from my house and…. well, lets face it, I’m just to lazy to make the trip there more than once a week.
So my fridge is packed with one of my favorite fruits and I figures, I should defiantly make something with theme. The idea just came to me going over my pintrest or was it instagram page. So I decided to cut some peaches and nectarines and dip them in hot chocolate and a little pistachio powder!
This are the perfect treat, you must try this chocolate covered peaches and nectarine!
- 1-2 pounds (about 1 kg) peaches and nectarines
- 150 gr dark chocolate
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 20 gr ground pistachio (optional)
- Mix the chocolate and oil together and melt in the microwave in 30 seconds intervals, until smooth.
- Slice the peaches and nectarines to wedges.
- Dip each wedge in chocolate and place on parchment lined pan.
- Spread grounded pistachios on top of each chocolate covered wedge.
- Cool in the fridge for 10 min and enjoy.