Have you noticed I have a small obsession for pistachio nuts lately? I can’t explain it, maybe it’s because they’re so good for us, maybe it’s because I just like the way they taste. But I am really obsessed, I put them in everything from hamantashen to salads and now this great vegan dessert.
This chocolate pistachio mousse cups are the easiest dessert to make. It does require some time preparing, but the actual work is less than 5 min, and who doesn’t like that? It takes only 4 ingredients to make, and is one of the more impressive and tasty desserts you’ll make.
And did I tell you the best part? It’s completely dairy free (and if you want, you can make it gluten free as well)!
- 10 petit beurre cookies
- 400 ml coconut cream
- 20 gr dark chocolate
- 1 tbs pistachio paste
- Refrigerate the coconut cream overnight.
- In a food processor grind the petit beurre cookies.
- With a teaspoon divide the crushed cookies onto bottom of serving cups.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave, in 30 sec intervals until smooth, and let cool.
- Take the coconut cream out of the fridge, quickly flip the can. Open the can and carefully remove the liquid part.
- Transfer the solids into a medium bowl and whisk with a hand mixer. Keep whisking until small stiff peaks are formed.
- Divide the mass to two equal parts.
- Keep whisking one batch, slowly adding in the melted chocolate, keep whisking until chocolate is well blended, and place in the fridge.
- Start on the second batch whisking and adding the pistachio paste, until well incorporated. Place in the freezer for 20 min.
- Fill pastry bags with each flavor mousse.
- Pipe a chocolate layer on the crushed cookies.
- Pipe pistachio mousse on top of chocolate layer.
- Top up with another chocolate layer.
- Sprinkle with some more crushed cookies.