Life as a certain pace to it. September is always full of hope, and expectation. Maybe it’s the new year (ROSH ASHANA) coming up, maybe it’s the school year starting up again, but from some odd reason September never really comes with ease. Trying to make the best of this month, I made this wonderfully fluffy and delicious scones. This are perfect to lactose in-tolerates! You might call them biscuits, which is fine, but I made my scones a beat sweeter. The trick to great scones is loads and loads of butter……..but I wanted to make them dairy free so I switched the butter with coconut oil. Really, the coconut oil gives the pastry, a tender feel, just like butter does minus the dairy of course.
This scones are magical! They were gone in a matter of minutes, A loved they, my sister couldn’t get enough of them, and my up stairs neighbor asked for an encore. Everybody just smiled while chewing them down.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup white sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup soy milk
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Lightly grease two baking sheets.
- Mix the soy milk and vinegar together and let rest.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add in the melted coconut oil.
- In a separate bowl, mix the egg and milk, stir into flour mixture until moistened.
- Take dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead briefly.
- Roll dough out into a ½ inch thick round. Cut into 20 wedges, and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Brush with a little milk, and bake 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
DID YOU MAKE THIS Dairy Free Scones RECIPE?
Tag @netalivne on Instagram, or send me a photo!