It’s super bowl season, and this delicious simple vegan pumpkin bars are the perfect snack for game season. Only one bowl, a hand whisk, and a spatula stands between you and the best vegan pumpkin bars you ever had.It’s funny how super bowl season and pumpkin season always comes together. I think it’s a sign, well actually I think everything is a sign to eat more pumpkins. I think pumpkins are at the top of my favorite vegetables list. Whats not to love about it? it’s delicious, you can make pumpkin pie, pumpkin muffins, pumpkin soup, and if your vegan you can substituted eggs in recipes with pumpkin.Thank god you can now get pumpkin puree whole year long. But there is just something to buying fresh pumpkins, baking them in the oven, and making your own pumpkin puree. Maybe it’s due to the fact that it’s home made, may be it’s because of the smell, but I just love making my own home made puree.No matter what you choose to use in this delicious simple vegan pumpkin bars, you’ll get a great tasty snack for game night. And I also added a video 🙂
- ½ cup (120 gr/4.2 oz) coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup +1 tbsp (225 gr/8 oz) brown sugar
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nut meg
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ⅛ tsp all spice
- ½ tsp ground clove
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 can (425 gr/15 oz) pumpkin puree
- 1½ cup (210 gr/7.4 oz) plain flour
- 235 gr/8.3 oz chopped nuts of choice (I used walnuts, almonds and macadamia nuts)
- Pre heat oven to 375°F (175°C). Line a 10X10 inch (22X30 cm) baking pan, with parchment paper, and grease with some vegetable oil..
- In a large bowl whisk together coconut oil, sugar, vanilla, salt, spices, and pumpkin puree. Keep whisking until fully incorporated.
- Fold in the flour and nuts to. Mix just until batter comes together.
- Pour the batter into the greased baking pan, and Flatten the top with a spatula.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until top is golden.
DID YOU MAKE THIS Delicious simple vegan pumpkin bars?
Don’t forget to take a snap and tag #netacooks on instagram, so I can see them.