I just love easy and simple recipes, the kind you don’t really need to fuss over. This simple and easy banana cake is exactly that! Mixing the batter takes less than five minutes, baking takes another 35-40 minutes and that’s it. You get one of the moistest banana cakes you ever had.This is one of my moms’ favorite recipes and in my house, it’s one of my moms’ winter trademarks. I love bananas and everything that can be made of them. Banana bread, banana ice cream, banana pie, banana cake and the list goes on and on.I made my moms’ famous banana cake this weekend and decided that I just have to post the recipe. Cause who doesn’t love banana cake? Seriously, if you don’t like bananas this recipe is definitely not for you, but if you do you have to make this banana cake ASAP.
- 4 large ripe bananas
- 3 tbsp amaretto liquor
- 3.5 oz/100 gr butter, melted
- 1¼ cups (8.75 oz/250 gr) sugar
- 3 large eggs
- A pinch of salt
- 2¼ cups (11 oz/315 gr) flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup soy milk (you can use any kind of milk you like)
- Preheat the oven to 356 ℉/180C. Grease a 9.5 inch/24 cm round cake pan.
- Mash bananas, add amaretto and mix together. set aside.
- Mix melted butter and sugar. Whisk in eggs, salt, and vanilla extract.
- Add the flour and baking powder to the mixture and combine until smooth batter forms.
- Add in the bananas mixture and mix just until incorporated into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the greased pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Did you make this easy banana cake recipe?
Don’t forget to take a snap and tag #netacooks on Instagram, so I can see them.