I love cinnamon in everything, so no surprise this snickerdoodle cake is one of my favorites. Cinnamon cookies; cinnamon latte coffee; cinnamon body scrub; basically all things that taste and smell like cinnamon are at the top of my list. More than any other season, winter is the most cinnamon-y one. Of course anything baked with cinnamon is a must.My dear friend Natalie (of the killer blog oogio.net) baked this gorgeous snickerdoodle cake and brought it over for us to photograph, and of course eat up. It was the perfect day. We went to the Carmel market; we got coffee; we took a ton of photos, and gossiped about everything and everyone. And we laughed. A lot.Beyond having a great day together we took some really awesome photos. Natalies cake recipe is delicious, and it was really hard not to finish the all cake strait up. Do you love snickerdoodle cookies? If the answer to that is yes, you should run to the kitchen and get starting on this amazing festive recipe. It’s easy and it makes your whole house smell like Christmas.
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup (125 gr/4.4 oz) brown sugar
- 2½ tbsp (50 gr/8.8 oz) honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- A pinch of salt
- 200 ml greek yogurt
- ½ cup (125 ml) vegetable oil 125 ml
- 1¼ cups (175 gr/6 oz) flour
- ½ cup (50 gr/ 8.8 oz) almonds mill
- 2 tsp (10 gr/0.35 oz) baking powder
- 100 gr/3.5 oz confectioners sugar
- 2-3 tbsp cold water
- Preheat the oven to 340°F (170°C). Grease a 10 inch (26 cm) guglhupf pan.
- Whisk together eggs, sugar, honey, vanilla extract, salt, yogurt, and oil in a bowl.
- Add the flour, almonds mill, and baking powder.
- Pour the batter into the pan, and smooth the top.
- Bake for 40-50 min, and a tester inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Let cake cool for 10-15 min in room temperature. Turn out onto rack and cool.
- In a small bowl mix confectioners sugar and cold water, until you reach proper consistency.
- Pour the icing on the cake, and let solidify for at least an hour.
DID YOU MAKE THIS Festive Snickerdoodle Cake?
Don’t forget to take a snap and tag #netacooks on instagram, so I can see them.