Finding the perfect formula for hosting a good party is not an easy task. As our friends get pickier (a.k.a snobbish) with there food choices and develop there unique taste buds, it gets even harder. I have to consider each and everyone’s specific request. This one has allergies, the other one has a strict diet regime and one of our friends just turned to the raw food diet.Since I’m a dietitian, everybody just expect me to be considerate and understanding, not that i mind, it’s just that hosting a simple friends gathering has become a real challenge this days.
So this week I found the perfect quick and easy fix for the situation, in the form of green peas and ginger dip. This dip is one of the best, I tell you. I made it originally as a paste to brighten up my gloomy sandwiches, and figured that it will make the perfect dip for a party spread. And what do you know, it was an immediate hit.You really must try making this dip/paste, it will change your culinary life.
- 2 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- ½ cup raw pecan nuts
- 2 inches fresh ginger, grated
- 2 heaping cups fresh cilantro leaves and stems
- juice ½ lemon
- pinch salt
- 1 tsp of chili flakes (opptional)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Put the frozen peas in a bowl and defrost in the microwave.
- Add the peas and all other ingredients in a food processor bowl, Whiz until it is the consistency of guacamole.
- And serve.