Healthy rye flour honey cookies, are first of all a great delicious treat. They go perfect with coffee, and tea, and are one of my favorite ROSH ASHANA cookies. You can bake this for any occasion, while for me it’s just that honey cookies and ROSH ASHANA goes together much as pumpkin and Halloween.This year I decided to hand rap this babies as a ROSH ASHANA DIY present, for my friends. To be honest they requested me to bake them, and I figured much as I like baking good looking cookies, handing them over in small present bags could be another upgrade to the requested gift.Making the cookies is supper easy. For the rapping, all you need is cellophane bags and a nice ribbon. I made tow batches of cookies, and placed 10 cookies in each bag, hence I got seven bags of cookies. It was a great idea, since everybody just loved it. Thinking about it, this could also be great as an healthy Halloween treat.
- 60 gr honey
- 60 gr maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ginger powder
- ⅛ tsp nut meg
- ⅛ tsp ground clove
- 2½ cups ray flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180℃ (356℉). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt the coconut oil in the microwave in 10 sec intervals, till completely melted.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg with a hand blender.
- Add in the honey, maple syrup, coconut oil, and sugar. Keep whisking till all ingredients combine well.
- In a separate bowl mix together the flour, cinnamon, nut meg, ginger powder, ground clove, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ones. knead dough till it is smooth and soft.
- Rap the dough with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Remove dough from the refrigerator and unwrap plastic wrap. Form small 1.25 inch (3 cm) balls. Roll each ball in confectioner sugar and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or till cookies surfaces are cracking.
Would also love to know, what are your best ideas for a DIY gifts for friends and family. Leave a comment bellow to let me know.
Did you make this healthy rye flour honey cookies and a DIY gift idea?
Don’t forget to take a snap and tag #netacooks on instagram, so I can see them.