There is nothing better than sitting by the fire place, with a slice of pound cake, and a hot cup of hot coffee or hot chocolate. While some people think that there is nothing special about pound cake, I believe, you really can’t bake a better cake, for a cold winter-y day. Therefore, you won’t be surprised to know, that pound cakes are my favorite winter cakes. Easy to bake, delicious, rich, and tasty, what else do you need on a rainy day?Lemon and poppy seeds goes great together. The lemon completes the poppy seed perfectly, and gives a sweet and sour flavor. If you don’t like poppy seeds this cake is not for you, but if you are a fan of the little black seed, this cake is going to win you harts, and belly.
- 1½ cups (210 gr/7.4 oz) plain flour
- 1 cup (200 gr/ 10.5 oz) white sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp grounded poppy seeds
- ¾ cup soy milk (you can use any milk you want, my cake is dairy free)
- ½ cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- Zest of 2 lemons
- Pre heat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Line a 8.5'' X 4.5'' (21.5 cm X 11.5 cm) loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and poppy seeds. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl whisk together milk, oil, eggs, lemon juice, and lemon zest.
- Fold the wet ingredients into the dry mixture. Stir until all ingredients are well combined.
- Pour the batter into the pan. Bake for about 60 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean. Let the cake cool in the pan before serving.
DID YOU MAKE THIS Lemon poppy seed pound cake?
Don’t forget to take a snap and tag #netacooks on instagram, so I can see them.