It’s the 4th of July, and there is no better treat than a no-bake chocolate peanut butter rice krispies bar. The kids are going to go crazy for them, and they are so healthy and delicious, that everyone else are going to enjoy them as well.
I first thought of making this as a slight nostalgic feeling came over me this weekend. With summer vacation coming up for the kids, and everybody running around thinking of the next best solution for packing up healthy snakes, to take with theme to the beach. I suddenly remembered how my mom use to pack me and my sister up, put us in a funny looking swimsuit and take us to the pool. I use to love thous afternoons when she did that. We had the best summer days when that happen. We went to the pool after my mom came back from work (we didn’t have a backyard pool), my dad used to join us after work. What I’ll never forget about thous night is the rice krispies treat she use to bring along. They were so sweet and delicious, we couldn’t stop eating them. I mean there were many more fun and delicious thing during summer vacation, but I spent my Saturday in the pool, and that memory just came back to me.Obviously I had to make them the minuet I came home. With a few changes to my moms classic recipe, this no-bake chocolate peanut butter treats are a classic snack.
- ¾ (240gr or 8.5oz) cup smooth peanut butter
- ½ cup (200gr or 7oz) agava syrup
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 cups (200gr or 7oz) rice crisp cereal
- 50 gr (2oz) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- Line an 9-inch square baking pan with foil and spray with nonstick spray.
- Combine peanut butter, agava syrup, and salt in a heavy saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring until melted and smooth.
- Remove saucepan from heat and stir in vanilla and cereal until combined. Scrape mixture into prepared pan and use a piece of parchment paper lightly coated with nonstick spray to press evenly into pan.
- Combine chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for 30 seconds. Remove and stir. Continue microwaving and stirring in 15 second intervals until melted and smooth. Pour melted chocolate over bars and smooth with an offset spatula; let set 15 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Chill bars for at least two hours in the refrigerator to set.
- Lift foil to remove bars from pan and place on a cutting board; cut into squares with a sharp knife.
- Store leftover bars in an airtight container in the freezer.