One of my best friends just turned Paleo. I know it’s not like turning a religion, but let me tell you, going out to restaurants become harder than having dinner with Kosher-keeping friends. Being a dietitian I don’t really get the all Paleo diet. For me, it is an unbalanced and extreme way of dieting/living. But, she is one of my best friends, and she does pop over for coffee every now and then and as we all know, coffee just goes great with cookies.Luckily for me, I know some chemistry which is the basis of good baking! So I decided to experiment a little and came up with this delicious paleo chewy chocolate peanut butter cookies recipe. Forget everything you know about gluten-free, Paleo recipes, these cookies are so gooooddddd, you won’t believe they have no flour in them.This recipe was inspired by Michele from the super wonderful blog Paleo running momma, She has a great recipe for paleo tahini chocolate cookies. Tahini is great but from some really bizarre reason, my friend doesn’t like it……. So I did some touch ups and came up with this paleo chewy chocolate peanut butter cookies, and they were a huge hit! This is great for kids as well, they are home made, tasty and as way less sugar than a regular cookie, and no flour so you can feed them these cookies with a clear conscience.
- 1 egg
- ½ cup natural smooth peanut butter
- ¼ cup coconut oil, at room temperature
- ½ cup unrefined coconut sugar
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup fine blanched almond flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ⅛ tsp kosher sea salt
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350°F/180 °C. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the peanut butter and coconut oil until smooth.
- Beat in the coconut sugar, egg, and vanilla.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a separate bowl (except for chocolate chips), add the dry mixture to the wet ingredients and mix well until sticky dough forms.
- Stir in the chocolate chips, then chill the dough for about 10 minutes. Using your hands form 20 balls and flatten each one into a "cookie shape" .
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until just set.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5-10 minutes, then transfer to wire rack to completely cool. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
DID YOU MAKE THIS PALEO CHEWY CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES?
Don’t forget to take a snap and tag #netacooks on Instagram, so I can see them.