Happy 4th Y’all! I know this is kind of a last minute thing, but yesterday I posted this awesome mango salsa on my Instagram and got so many responses and requests for the recipe, that I figured what the heck I should post it as a 4th of July recipe. This quick and simple mango recipe is one of my favorite summer salads! It’s refreshing, colorful, and delicious. You can eat it as a salad or use as a healthy dip for nachos.As I mentioned I didn’t plan to post this recipe, so there are really a scares amount of photos to the recipe, but trust me it looks and tastes delicious. This mango salsa is going to spice up your BBQ today, and it’s worth having another trip to the supermarket if you don’t happen to have fresh mangos just sitting in the fridge. One of the reasons I love salsa so much is the fact that the recipe has zero oil in it, and it’s still as delicious as any other salad with oily dressing.
Hope Y’all are going to have a great 4th of July!
- 3 ripe mangos, diced (see photos)
- ½ large red onion, chopped
- ½ large red bell pepper, chopped
- ¼ cup packed fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- ½ jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 1 large lime, juiced (about ¼ cup lime juice)
- ¼ teaspoon salt, to taste
- In a large serving bowl, combine the mango, bell pepper, onion, cilantro, and jalapeño. Drizzle with the juice of the lime and mix well.
- Season to taste with salt. For best flavor, let the salsa rest for 10 minutes or longer.