I just love biscuits! I can have them for breakfast, snack them in the middle of the day, and my all time favorite drown them in gravy at dinner.As the holiday season begins, I find myself baking more and more biscuits, not just because I love eating them but also because they are so simple to bake and goes perfectly with almost every meal. These rosemary garlic biscuits are one of my holidays go to recipes, they always impress the guests and are sooo delicious. The dry spices make this simply soft and flaky biscuit explode with flavors, seriously no one can resist these biscuits.
I find that during all the holiday cooking you have to have at least one simple recipe to simplify all the hard work and make you look like a super chef even if it only took a few minutes to make. So this biscuit recipe is exactly that! By the way, the spices I use in these recipes are my favorite but you can go wild with thyme, chilly flakes, chives, onion and all kind of hard cheeses in the batter.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp coarse salt
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tbs ground dry rosemary
- 30 gr cold butter, cut into tiny cubes
- 1 cup buttermilk + some buttermilk for brushing
- Preheat oven to 400°F/205°C. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, garlic powder and ground rosemary; whisk well to combine. Add the butter, using your fingertips rub the butter into the mix, stopping when the mixture is a coarse meal.
- Add the buttermilk and stir with a fork just until a messy (sticky) ball is formed. Turn the dough out onto a generously floured surface and knead until the dough has been worked into a ball;
- Roll the ball to a large round disk (about ¼ inch thick). With a round cookie cutter or a glass cut out biscuits, re-rolling the scraps as needed.
- Transfer to prepared baking sheet. Brush the biscuits with some buttermilk and bake for 15-20 min or until golden brown.
- These are really good with butter!
DID YOU MAKE THESE Rosemary garlic biscuits?
Don’t forget to take a snap and tag #netacooks on Instagram, so I can see them.