This classic nicoise salad recipe is one of my all-time favorite salads!
A good salad recipe is a must! Everyone should have at least one good salad recipe up is sleeve. Nicoise salad is a classic French dish, it sounds really fancy but it’s basically a very simple salad you can make in less than half an hour. This salad is perfect for entertaining, you can pre-cook all the ingredients and make the dressing, and just assemble the salad a few minutes before you serve it up, or just keep the cooked ingredients in the fridge and fix yourself an easy healthy meal in no time.
- For the salad
- 4 organic free range eggs
- 1 can tuna in water, drained
- 2 cups frozen french green beans
- 4-5 mini potatoes
- 1 tbsp.olive oil
- ½ tsp. dry rosemary leafs
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 cup cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 3 medium cucumbers
- 1 tbsp. capers
- For the dressing
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp grainy dijon mustard
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- pinch sea salt and black pepper
- Cook the potatoes
- In a medium saucepan add in potatoes and cover with cool water by 1 inch. Bring water to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat slightly to med-high until water is at a low boil. Cook uncovered for 10-12 minutes, or until fork tender. Drain, rinse with cool water and let cool. Once cooled to the touch, slice into halves or quarters depending on the size of potatoes.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat, add in olive oil. Add cooked potato quarters and fry for about 5 min. Sprinkle with rosemary and salt and keep frying for 3 more mins. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Boil the eggs
- While potatoes are cooking place eggs in a large saucepan. Cover them with cold water by 1 inch and bring to a boil over medium heat, let cook for 7 mins. Remove from heat and let cool completely.
- For green beans
- While potatoes & eggs are cooking fill a small saucepan with 2 inches of cool water and bring to a boil. Add in green beans, cover and boil steam/boil for 3-4 minutes until slightly cooked and bright green. Drain and transfer to an ice bath for 2 minutes to cool and stop the cooking while retaining the bright green coloring. Dry with a clean tea towel and set aside.
- For the dressing
- In a glass jar add in all ingredients and shake well until emulsified together.
- Assemble the salad
- On a large plate or platter assemble salad by layering cherry tomatoes, potatoes, green beans, tuna, sliced eggs and capers. Drizzle over dressing and serve!
DID YOU MAKE THIS Classic Nicoise Salad Recipe?
Don’t forget to take a snap and tag #netacooks on Instagram, so I can see them.