Homemade peanut butter is healthy, delicious, and super easy to make. My version only has two ingredients – peanuts (with no added oils) and salt – and takes less than 30 minutes to make, less if you use store-bought shelled and roasted peanuts. Watch the video to see for yourself!
Homemade peanut butter (like any nut butter for that matter) is a staple do-it-yourself recipe. You just won’t believe how easy it is, and why you didn’t do it in your own kitchen before. The trick to making nut butter quickly at home is using a really strong blender, I used my Ninja blender witch is just the best for the job.
WATCH THIS QUICK VIDEO OF MY PEANUT BUTTER RECIPE
HOW TO MAKE PEANUT BUTTER
In order to make the best peanut butter possible, it’s important to know that peanuts (just like cashews and macadamia nuts) contain more natural oils. That’s basically what makes them turn to a perfect peanut butter spread without adding any other oil quite easily.
Therefore, the easiest way to make peanut butter is to:
- Roast raw peanuts first which helps to release their natural oils. Of course, you can buy unsalted shelled peanuts and save some time roasting your peanuts.
- Blend the roasted shelled peanuts I love using my Ninja blender for this because it is very strong, and does it quickly and efficiently.
- 3 cups raw peanuts
- 1 tsp salt
- Place the peanuts on a baking tray.
- Bake for 25 min in preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Transfer the peanuts to a dry kitchen cloth and rub until shells come off.
- Transfer the peanuts to a strong blender, blend for1-2 minutes.
- Add 1 tsp salt.
- Blend until smooth.
- Transfer to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator.