I’m so excited to be sharing this easy apple waffles recipe! The last few weeks, were all about apples. Two weeks from now, is the Jewish new year, ROSH ASHANA. Apples are one of ROSH ASHANA symbols. You can only imagine the amount of apple recipes, on every food blog in Israel right now, my post might as well be a drop in a river of apple recipes that flood the blogospher. Well, as they say “the early birds gets the warm”, and boy did I get it this year!I was planning ROSH ASHANA recipes, back in August. And now, all that is left, is to share the abundance of delicious apple treats with you guys. Being so efficient, rubbed up on my friends of course, and some of them were even willing to collaborate with me.So a few weeks ago I met up with Olga, and we made a ROSH ASHANA brunch. This apple waffles is the first recipe I’ll be sharing with you. It is so easy to make, and it makes the house smell of apples and cinnamon. Keep following for more delicious ROSH ASHANA brunch recipe.
- 2 large eggs
- 1 big grand smith apple, shredded
- 1 cup skim milk
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1½ cups white flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the milk, coconut oil, eggs and shredded apple. Add liquids to the flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Preheat a waffle iron. Spoon batter onto the heated griddle. Close and cook according to your waffle iron’s instructions.
- **serve with maple syrup and caramelized apples
Did you make this easy apple waffles recipe?
Tag @netalivne on Instagram, or send me a photo!