A few weeks ago I bought a spiralizer, I love it. In fact, I love it so much that I’ve been spiralizing everything within my reach. I spiralize kohlrabi, zucchinis, carrots, cucumbers, thinking about it… If I can fit it in to my new toy, it will probably most defiantly will get spiralized (is that how you spell that….never mind). So after posting the great zucchini noodles, now comes the perfect sweet potato noodles with spinach.
I always look for simple vegetarian recipes, this one might take a little longer to cook, but it’s defiantly worth the effort. You must try and make it.
- 3 medium sweet potatoes (2 pounds), spiralized
- 1 onion , finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 5 -dried tomatoes , chopped
- ½ pound spinach
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- Boil a large pot of water. Add the sweet potatoes; Cook for 5-10 min, until the noodles are tender.
- Drain the noodles and let cool.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add the onion and garlic, cook for 4 min.
- Toss in the spinach and dried tomatoes - cook for 5 min.
- Add the noodles and spices, cook for 10 more min while steering.