An easy and indulgent recipe for No-Bake Chocolate Pie!It seems like the summer is just endless this year, and that doesn’t make me feel like baking. I mean isn’t it hot enough out side? do I really have to heat up inside as well?This No-Bake Chocolate Pie is one of the easiest recipes I ever made! It doesn’t require that many ingredients, I practically whipped it up from what I had lying in my pantry. My better health had his B-day last week, so it was party time almost every day here, and I had to make some sort of cake to celebrate…… I was really not in a baking kinda mood and thought that a no-bake dessert is a pretty safe bet, and I was right too 😉
A couple of notes about this No-Bake Chocolate Pie:
- As I mentioned I made this pie from what I found in my pantry, I used Petit-Beurre cookies for the crust but you can use digestive biscuits or even Oreo cookies, and you’ll get just as good crust as I did
- You have to freeze the crust before pouring in the filling, other wise you will get crumbs of cookies all over instead of a firm crust
- The pie filling is basically an upgraded ganache, so you better use high-quality dark chocolate. I usually use 60% cocoa chocolate for the best results
- You must let the pie chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving it
- As I mentioned I used what I found in my pantry, you can defiantly switch the topping with what ever you like. I also like topping the pie with cocoa nibs, mini marshmallows or nothing at all and it comes out just as good
No-Bake Chocolate Pie
- For the crust
- 2.8 oz 80 gr Petit-Beurre cookies
- 1.4 oz 40 gr melted butter
- For the filling
- 7 oz 200 gr dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 3.5 oz 100 gr heavy cream
- 0.7 oz 20 gr butter
- 1.7 oz 50 gr walnuts, chopped
In a heatproof bowl, melt the butter in the microwave.
In a blender, crush the Petit-Beurre cookies. Add the crushed cookies to the melted butter, mix well to combine.
Press the crust into an 8" pie pan, make sure the sides of the pan are covered with the crusts. Place crust in the freezer for at least 30 minutes.
Place the chocolate, heavy cream and butter in a heatproof bowl. Place in the microwave and melt in 30 sec intervals, stirring in between, until chocolate is melted and everything is combined. Make sure you don't over heat the chocolate. Pour the mixture into chilled crust.
Top with chopped walnuts and chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.