Last week was very busy, and lets face it not that healthy. After eating cakes and meat for tow all days, it was “yom aatzmaut” (Israels independence day), this week had to be balanced with better and healthier choices. For me it’s all about balance, so this week I made lots of great salads and made an extra effort to get to the gym.One of the greatest salads this week was defiantly a simple and easy to make quinoa salad. Ever since I learned the trick for making quinoa, I have been making it and keeping it in the fridge at least once a week. i absolutely love this grain. It is so easy to make and has a great nutty flavor to it.One of the best ways to use quinoa is in salads, it makes them much more filling and adds more nutrients and fiber. So this tomato radish quinoa salad is a win win salad.
But you shouldn’t trust me on this one, before you’v tried it at home. So get to the kitchen, this salad is going to be one of your favorites I promises.
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 2 cups grape or cherry tomatoes diced to quarters (you can substitute with any variety diced tomatoes)
- ½ cup small radishes diced to quarters
- ¼ cud finely diced parsley
- 2 tbs olive oil
- Juice of halve a lemon
- ½ tsp powder chilI pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- black peeper
- In a large bowl mix together the quinoa, tomatoes, radishes and parsley.
- In a small dish mix the olive oil, lemon juice, powder chili, salt and pepper.
- Add the gravy to the quinoa and veges and mix well.