One of my all time favorite things to do, is go through pinterest. I just love beautiful photos, and boy does pinterest deliver in that area! The thing is you really have to go through lots of trashy and commercial stuff, until you get to the really good photos.
But this week I strack gold! Going through lots and lots of food photos, I stumbled upon a wonderful zucchini recipe on food52. The photo was amazing, and the recipe seamed quite simple to make. So of course I went on and started doing my second most favorite thing, and that is baking.The thing about this recipe is, it was a little to sweet to my taste. So I made a few twigs and changes and got the perfect rosemary zucchini bread. This bread is perfect for your morning toast or just as a snake.It is very easy and quick to make. And the result is so worth the effort.
- 3 large eggs
- 150 gr of plain yogurt
- ½ cup of canola oil
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 medium zucchini, shredded (about 3 cups)
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary; finely minced
- Juice from ½ a lemon (3 tbsp)
- 1½ cups of plain flour
- 1½ cups of spelt flour
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- ½ tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of salt
- ½ cup walnuts and pistachios; chopped
- Preheat your oven to 350F° (175C°). Grease two loaf pans and set aside.
- In a large bowl beat the eggs. Mix in the yogurt, oil, and sugar. Then mix in the shredded zucchini, rosemary, and lemon juice. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, walnuts and pistachios.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, until well combined.
- Divide the dough evenly between the two loaf pans.
- Bake for about one hour, until a tester inserted comes out clean.
- Remove the loaves from the oven and allow them to cool for 10 minutes inside the loaf pan before transferring them to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Leave a Reply