If you’ve been following me lately, you must have notice an apple trend in the blog. I don’t think it as anything to do with me being crazy for apples, which I absolutely am. Rather than that, it’s about seasonal fruits, and the fact that I love using them in my kitchen. It is apple season, and I am enjoying it!This apple spelt cookies are vegan, that is dairy free, and egg free. They are delicious out of the oven or even two days after. With a crisp-y outside, moist inside and full of flavor. They are the perfect fall cookies, and you can bake them for the up coming holiday season.This recipe is adapted from here.
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp fine grain sea salt
- 1 cup rolled spelt
- ⅔ cup chopped walnuts
- 2 mediun apples, shreded (makes about one cup)
- ½ cup real maple syrup, room temperature
- ½ cup coconut oil, warmed until just melted
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- Preheat oven to 350° F (175°C) and line two baking pans with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and spelt. Add the nuts and apples. In a separate smaller bowl use a whisk to combine the maple syrup, coconut oil, and ginger. Add this to the flour mixture and stir until just combined.
- Using two tablespoons drop onto prepared baking sheets, one tablespoonful at a time, leaving about 2 inches between each cookie. Bake for 10 - 12 minutes or until the cookies are golden on top and bottom.
DID YOU MAKE THIS Apple spelt cookies recipe?
Don’t forget to take a snap and tag #netacooks on instagram, so I can see them.