Last week I spent the weekend in Lithuania, a country I would have never think of visiting before. My brother in law has been living there for the past 6 years, studying medicine, and he invited us to his wedding. I really ought to write an all post about that country and our visit, cause it was simply amazing. The food there is delicious, and if you’re coming as a tourist fairly cheap. The scenery is a gorgeous mix of urban landscape, beautiful parks, and rivers. We were lucky as the weather was great, sunny, bright and cool with almost no rain, so we got to stroll the streets and parks up untile we couldn’t walk anymore.Now how does all that as anything to do with this double chocolate cheesecake? While we were traveling I had an urge for a chocolate cheesecake. I couldn’t find even one place that served cheesecake, not alone a chocolate cheesecake. So, the minute we came home I made one myself.
This double chocolate cheesecake recipe is simple to make. It might look like you have to go through tons of stages, but it really is an easy recipe. And, if you are celebrating Shavuot in tow weeks, this double chocolate cheesecake is a great option for dessert.
What are you still doing here? Run to the kitchen and start baking!
- For the Crust:
- 8.8 oz/250 gr Petit Beurre cookies
- 1.7 oz/50 gr unsalted butter, melted
- For Cheesecake Filling:
- 26.5 oz/750 gr cream cheese
- 1 cup (4.2 oz/120 gr) powdered sugar
- 3 Tablespoon cocoa powder
- 4 eggs- room temperature
- 7 oz/200 gr bittersweet chocolate
- For Chocolate GanashTopping:
- 1.7oz/50 gr heavy cream
- 3.5 oz/100 gr bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- To make the crust:
- Preheat oven to 350°F/175°C, grease an 8-inch/20 cm springform pan and set aside.
- Finely crush the cookies in a food processor, add melted butter and blend until it’s all moistened.
- Press crumb mixture onto the bottom of the prepared pan and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and set on a wire rack to cool while making the filling.
- To make the filling:
- Melt 200 gr bittersweet chocolate and set aside to cool.
- In a stand mixer mix cream cheese and powder sugar until smooth, mix in cocoa powder.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing on low speed, do not overbeat it.
- Add melted chocolate and mix on low speed to combine.
- Pour the filling over the crust and smooth the top.
- Bake the cheesecake until the center is set and the top looks dry 35-40 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes, then run a thin knife around the sides of the pan and set the cake in the refrigerator (uncovered), for at least 10 hours, or overnight.
- To make the topping:
- In a microwave safe bowl mix the cream, and chocolate. put the mixture in the microwave and melt in 30-second intervals stirring in between, until completely melted, smooth and shiny.
- Cool and pour over the cheesecake.
- When the topping is set and cooled again run a thin knife around the sides and remove the springform pan sides.
- You can make this cheesecake can be prepared up to 2-3 days in advance just store covered in the refrigerator.
Did you bake this double chocolate cheesecake?
Don’t forget to take a snap and tag #netacooks on Instagram, so I can see them.