Amazing No-Bake Gluten Free Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars!!
Still didn’t figure out how to keep blogging while being a mom and going back to work (part-time). I am so busy all the time, that with all my good intentions I hardly get around to posting on the blog 🙁 This summer is one of best I ever had, but it is exhausting! I don’t get around to finishing my daily tasks, which leaves me with zero time for posting recipes here.
Leo and I have our daily routines, we spend some mornings at the beach sunbathing and catching salty waves, and some days we stroll around the streets and parks looking for some cool breeze and shade. Leo doesn’t really take mid-day naps, and when he does I try my best to squeeze as many chores as I can into that small window of time.
Motherhood brought a lot of changes into my life. I keep telling myself that every change is a blessing (some, more than others). Nowadays, I get up way too early in the mornings after spending my nights half asleep and half awake feeding Leo and trying to make him fall back asleep. I take my morning coffee cold, just because I bearly get to drinking it as it is. My breakfast is an on-the-go snack that I usually eat up standing while cuddling Leo up.
These no-bake gluten-free peanut butter chocolate bars are just perfect as on-the-go breakfast! These are gluten free, dairy free and 100% vegan bars. It takes less than 10 min to make, and you can keep them in the freezer for up to 3 weeks if you can hold yourself from devouring them up. The recipe is adapted from here!
- For the bars
- ½ cup chunky peanut butter
- ½ cup smooth peanut butter
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¾ cup almond meal
- For the topping
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- ½ cup almond butter
- Line an 8''X8'' (20X20 cm) baking pan with parchment paper, and set aside.
- In a medium bowl mix both peanut butter, maple syrup, and almond meal. Whisk until thickened and difficult to stir.
- Pour the mixture into prepared baking pan. Using a rubber spatula, smooth the top to an even layer, and set aside.
- In a different medium microwave-safe bowl mix the chocolate chips and almond butter. Heat in 30-second increments until chocolate is softened and melty. Stir in between heating, until smooth.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the first peanut butter layer. Smooth chocolate into an even layer.
- Transfer pan into the freezer. Freeze for 60-90 minutes, or until completely firm. Remove from freezer and slice into 16 squares.