I love the thick crust and sweet Nutella filling of this cookie. And there is not even a gram of butter in the dough, so it’s a bit healthier 😉 Go make this, you’ll thank me later.
- For the dough
- 1⅓ cups (250 gr/8.8 oz) plain flour (I like using half spelt flour half plain flour)
- 30 gr/1 oz sugar
- 30 gr/1 oz canola oil
- 1 egg
- 36 gr/1.7 oz water
- 36 gr/1.7 oz orange juice
- ¼ tsp salt
- for the filling
- Nutella spread (but you can make this with any filling you'd like)
- To make the dough
- Sift flour into a mixing bowl. Add sugar, oil, water, orange juice, and salt.
- Knead together until the dough is smooth and soft. Shape dough into a flat disk and wrap with plastic wrap, place in the fridge for at least 3 houses.
- To make the cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350 ℉/175C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lightly flour a smooth, clean surface.Divide dough into two even parts.Start with one part of the dough, place dough on floured surface and lightly flour the dough. Use a rolling pin to roll the dough out to very thin (less than ⅛ of an inch thick) rectangle.Spread the Nutella on the dough, roll into a log.
- Repeat process with the rest of the dough. Place the logs (the “clean”, stitchless side up) on a big baking pan with a piece of parchment paper on it.
- Bake for 25-35 mins, until golden. Make sure not to over bake.
- Let cool completely before cutting into 1-inch (2.5 cm) thick cookies.
Did You Make This Nutella Rolled Cookies Recipe?
Don’t forget to take a snap and tag #netacooks on Instagram, so I can see them.