Super soft olive oil chocolate chip & peanut butter cookies!
I was looking for an extra special cookie recipe the other day. I mean the blog as a few cookie recipes but all of them are made with tons of butter, and I’ve been trying to use less of that devilish ingredient lately. Can you imagine using no butter to bake cookies? It sounds impossible, isn’t it?When I think of baking cookies I think of butter, and I really need a break from butter after all the holiday feasts….. So I convinced myself that if I use healthy olive oil instead of butter, my cookies will come out extra healthy 😉 I know it’s still a cookie but with no butter, therefore it’s healthier.
- 1 cup of olive oil
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. real vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 ½ cup white whole-wheat flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 1 cup chopped dark chocolate
- ½ cup peanut butter chips
- Preheat your oven to 375°F/190°C. Line a baking sheets with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oil, brown and granulated sugar, vanilla extract and eggs until fully light and fluffy.
- In a medium-sized bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and sea salt.
- Pour the flour mixture into the wet mixture and using a spatula mix until just blended.
- Pour in the chopped chocolate and peanut butter chips, and fold into the dough.
- Scoop about ¼ cup of dough and it should easily mold into a ball-ish heap. Leave 3-4 inches between cookies.
- Bake for 11 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes on the baking sheet and then finish cooling on a cooling rack.
Did You Make These Olive Oil Chocolate Chip & Peanut Butter Cookies?
Don’t forget to take a snap and tag #netacooks on Instagram, so I can see them.