Stir fry chicken with Bok Choy and chard
I have to book a flight to Thailand. I’ve been putting it off, for the last week or maybe more. And no, I don’t need no sympathy, I clearly understand, that the fact that I have to go on a honey moon, is less exciting to anyone, then it is to me. It’s just that being a mature adult comes with a responsibility…….. and I’m a self employed, as I already mentioned a gazillion times before. So there is something very scary about leaving your business unattended for 3 weeks. Especially my business witch is all about personal meetings, so I guess that as much as I want to go for a vacation, I’m scared that everything that I’ve worked and still working for will collapse.
And there’s another thing. Last time I was in Thailand, was 15 years ago. I mean, not that I’m that old now, but it’s been 15 years! Can you imagine? And there’s this small thought in the back of my head, going “what if you’ll be disappointed, what if it’s not the perfect destination for an honey moon”?
All that said and done, I really must book those tickets. And start plan our honey moon/vacation. The good news are that it is Thailand, and it’s sunny and loaded with tropic beaches, so what’s the worst thing that can happen? Spending the night in a not so great room? Really, I think the chances of going wrong with this trip are close to zero. And since it has been 15 years, please feel free to recommend islands, beaches and all sort of fun things to do in Thailand.
And until I book my flight, I made this really great stir fry chicken with bok choy and mangold, you really must try.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 500 gr bone less chicken breast, cut into ½-inch stripes
- 2 heads of bok choy sliced into pieces
- 1 lb. swiss chard, stems and leaves chopped separately
- 4 medium carrots thinly sliced on a mandolin
- 4 scallions sliced
- 2 tablespoons soy souce
- ½ tablespoons mirine
- juice of 1 medium orange (about a cup)
- 1 teaspoon chilly powder
- salt and pepper
- Heat a large non-stick skillet.
- Add the olive oil, add the chicken breast and fry until golden om both sides.remove from skillet.
- Add the bok choy, swiss chard, carrots and scallions to the skillet.
- Stir until the veggies are slightly tender.
- Add the chicken, soy, mirine, chilly powder, salt and pepper.
- Stir together and let the ingredients combine for 5 more min.
Leave a Reply