The world is divide into two, those who love poppy seeds, and those who absolutely can’t stand the black seed. Thank god, Natalie and me belong to the first group, we love poppy seeds in everything, but we like them the best in muffins. This poppy seed orange muffin recipe is one of our favorites.This poppy seed orange muffins are supper moist and fluffy. They are great as a breakfast pastry, or just as a mid day snack. They are made in one bowl, therefor perfect for the lazy baker.And you must watch Natalies hands while mixing and baking this glorious muffins, in the video I attached bellow. Notice that in the video we used water instead of orange juice, but really you should use orange juice it makes this muffins so much better.
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) vegetable oil
- ½ cup (100 gr) sugar
- ½ cup (125 ml) orange juice
- A pinch of salt
- 75 gr ground poppy seeds
- ¼ cup (25 gr) oats
- ½ cup (70 gr) white flour
- ½ tsp (5 gr) baking powder
- 50 gr chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 475℉ (220°C). Line muffin pan wells with liners.
- In a large bowl whisk together egg, oil, sugar, orange juice, and salt.
- Add in ground poppy seeds, oats, flour, and baking powder. Mix together till fully incorporated.
- Fold in the chopped pecans.
- Evenly divide the batter between 10 wells. Bake at 475℉ (220°C) for about 10-15 minutes or until muffins are golden and baked through (to test, insert a cake tester in the middle of a muffin some crumbs maybe present, but no wet batter should be).
DID YOU MAKE THIS HEALTHY Poppy Seed Orange Muffins Recipe?
Don’t forget to take a snap and tag #netacooks on instagram, so I can see them.